Re: [SLUG] Procmail question or mail in general

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 17:55:14 EDT

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 05:55:32AM -0700, Michael Manchester wrote:

> I was wondering how hard it is to setup my RedHat 7.1
> box to receive mail? I'm going to be out of town for
> awhile and Yahoo has a max size for my mailbox and I
> don't want to miss any posts to slug.
>
> Is it simple to setup Linux to receive mail? I'm not
> worried about filtering out SPAM I can do that when I
> return.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Set up fetchmail and your dialer (or whatever) as a cron process to go
off at X time daily. Make sure you set this to run as _you_, not root,
and test it before you go. I don't think you need sendmail in order for
fetchmail to deliver mail locally, but I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, don't forget to set up a cron process to disconnect you from
the net (assuming you have dialup).

HTH,

Paul