Re: [SLUG] SLUG site

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 11:19:08 EDT

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> The website host is concerned about the site being slashdotted because
> of the show. As a result, he's in the process of moving it to a
> different and more powerful host. So it may be down for a bit, possibly
> until Monday.

... oh no - I moved a copy, and modified the DNS more than a
DNS expiration ago -- it had to expire in the cache of the new
host (which it has), so that the NameVirtualHost httpd.conf
command in the NEW host could then figure out that _it_ was
supposed to respond ... it has and it has.

It is and will remain up through the end of the show.

-- Russ