Re: [SLUG] sound advice :)

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 17:10:35 EDT

On Mon, 28 May 2001, patrick wrote:

> if u are using mandrake and dont have any system sounds
> i've got the fix. go to control panel and look and feel and then
> to themes. click on the Mcbreigh theme. u now have sound
> and a theme. if u want to rid yourself of the theme then just
> click on default again. when i installed my mandrake last
> time i didnt get any sounds. this is a newbie way to work
> around all the programming stuff :)
>
> am i brilliant or what :)

It must go with the distribution ...

Hey, those Mandrake folks must to be on to something ...

    http://www.linux-mandrake.com/donations/

The've let their CEO go ( http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/pr-deny.php3 ),
because he wanted to move into markets which have income stream possibilities,

and gone to a distributed support model, where customers can
'tip' on a voluntary basis their volunteer support community
(with MandeakeSoft taking a cut for the service),

and to soliciting voluntary gifts to a private, closely held,
pre-IPO, for-profit Societe Anonymee ...

Those crazy French ... maybe that's why their version of the
penguin logo looks like he is sitting in a stew-pot. <grin>

-- Russ