Re: [SLUG] Re: Killfile howto

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 00:15:40 EDT

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> > and then later, I use:
> >
> >:0 h

... oops -- correction -- this is a deliver recipe -- no
'pipe' needed or wanted (that's what I get for sanitizing my
recipes)

> If the last recipe is rewritten as:
>
> :0 h
>
> the _headers only_ of _all_ messages passed to it will end up in your
> killfile folder.

... no -- the _match_ option (lowercase h or b) is against the
_headers_ -- the default delivery is of the entire message,
both header and body, regardless of whether a filter or a
delivery recipe (those are the Capital H or B options, to get
just that part of a message)

> I'm not quite sure why you're "piping" the output to a file and not a
> process.

.. too much 7% solution ... correction noted above; pure quill
thionite below, courtesy of E. E. Smith of Monroe Michigan,
deceased, and Kimball Kinnison.

---------------------------

Here is a true extract -- listname and recipient only munged:

:0fh
* ^Sender.*acme-list-admin@wylie\.org
* ^Subject:\/.*
        | formail -I "Subject: [acme]$MATCH" \
                -A "X-milton: true" \
                -A "X-mark: true" \
                -I Reply-To:

:0 c
* ^X-milton
      ! milton.q.public@acme.com

well. ... I also strip out what I consider
 a misguided Reply-To

.. and the X-mark is to mark this class of message only at
most one time ... not relevant to my example previously
stated, but in the recipe I pulled ...

-- Russ

(ps: 'Milton' will receive a copy of this post -- I re-munged
my .procmailrc to make sure I am speaking accurately, and
will watch the maillog. - R)