[SLUG] [Fwd: Oracle users group introduction]

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 17:09:45 EDT

FYI.

Ed.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Oracle users group introduction
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:55:16 -0400
From: "Eric Siglin" <eric_siglin@hotmail.com>
To: ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com

Hi Ed!

I've been on the SLUG mailing list for quite some time. I appreciate
getting
the information and hope to make one of the users group meetings as soon
as
my schedule permits.

A group of us have just started an Oracle users group that might be of
interest to some of the SLUG members. The Suncoast Oracle Users Group
meets
on the fourth Thursday of the month from 6pm-8pm at Diversified Computer
Consultants in Tampa. The office is located at 7650 West Courtney
Campbell
Causeway in suite 875. Our group's web site can be found at
http://www.soug.org.

Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2001. We are excited
have Cary Millsap as our keynote speaker! He will most likely discuss
system
performance tuning.

Cary Millsap brings over 13 years of award-winning teaching experience.
Mr.
Millsap served for ten years at Oracle Corporation as one of the
company's leading system performance experts, where he founded and
served as
vice president of the System Performance Group. He has educated
thousands of
Oracle consultants, support analysts, developers, and customers in the
optimal use of Oracle technology through commitment to writing,
teaching,
and speaking at public events. He is the inventor of the OFA Standard,
creator of the original APS toolkit, a Hotsos Tools designer and
developer,
editor of hotsos.com, a Hotsos founder, and the creator of Hotsos
Clinic.

We would like to let our members know about SLUG's activities as well
since
more and more people are putting Oracle databases on Linux.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Eric Siglin