Re: [slug] Re: [slug] [SLUG] one time password

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 00:31:27 EDT

On Tue, 29 May 2001, bill wrote:

> Russ, thanks for the info. i ended up using opie-2.32 from:
>
> http://munitions.vipul.net/050102.shtml

The munitions site is a nice one -- packetfactory is another;
monkey.org a third --

In a related vein, the ipf -- IP Filters -- license row over
at OpenBSD looks like a doozey -- a big hole in the release of
OBsd 2.9 CD day after tomorrow. There was a lot of check
thumping about the inferior nature of Joe Vos' ipfw, and
ipchains, and now iptables -- but I am quite impressed with
iptables -- I have been cutting over to it with all
deliberate haste --

It made it trivial to pass in tcp-wrappered ACL'd PCAnywhere
to an interior host at a client's, from half a world away in
Australia for a support issue -- about an hour's research, and
coding, and it was done -- outbound through NATting simply
works.

Nice stuff.

-- Russ