Re: [SLUG] CTS show, yesterday's events

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 15:19:49 EDT

>Nah, no fight. MicroSoft just doesn't understand the "Free Software"
concept. They also didn't appreciate the fact that Bill and I were handing
out Linux Journals and distros to everyone going up the escalator to the XP
debut theatre... LOL

Let's just say Linux was felt in the presence of the official launch of
Office XP. Not to mention the fact that over 100+ people were in the theater
reading Linux Journals with the main cover saying World Domination on it
..hint hint ...

While they wanted us to move they went crying like kids saying we can't do
that, Maddog said can't do what ?? The fact that we are giving out free
stuff including a Os and a magazine. They then said well you are infant of
our Balloon and we paid for this building use...yeah right anywise Maddog
then said well that's go talk to the promoter then all Scott said is could
we please move down. We did then we gave out even more with Distro's then
they cried to the building management which told us we had to take it
inside.

We were a little upset though we knew we did something good and showed what
we are about promoting FREE Operating system and products and other
material. It's funny that we had 4 Microsoft TechNet guys standing in our
booth getting FREE stuff!!! I got a few rolls worth of this stuff it is
funny I took one with 2 TechNet's and 10+ people with there XP bags standing
in our booth and with our banner in the top and
the Good Morning Mr..Gates I'll be your server today Poster on the NKK
Server Rack !!!!

Hey we had fun and we saw that Maddog had some fun with it as well. Also Rob
showed in his Demo why Microsoft is not always needed to get stuff done in
every day work or home use.

Thanks to ROB and MADDOG , my Partners we did something very cool.

I will scan the picas when I get a chance to get them developed.

Soon

Bill Preece