Re: [SLUG] Linux on a 2nd drive?

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 21:07:45 EDT

On Saturday 02 June 2001 10:58 am, you wrote:
> Hello, I just installed RH 7.1 on a second drive on my machine and it
> doesn't boot. Can Linux be installed on a second drive?

Yes

It is also
> above the 1024 limit.. will this have any bearing on the installation?
>
> I'm running the following
>
> 466Mhz Celery
> 1: 15Gig (Win2k, Win98)
> 2: 20Gig (Linux, general partition Fat32)
> 96MB Mem.
> Geforce 2MX
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jason Pratt

Do you have two drives in the box? If so are they on the same ribbon cable?
If so did you set one for master slave? If the answers are : Yes, Yes, No
Then try setting the jumpers for master slave. That should cure part of your
problem.

After you have done this post your results so we may advise.

Thanks
Frank