Re: [SLUG] incredible statement

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 05:54:23 EDT

Smitty wrote:

<snip>

> This would create a very bad public relations situation for ms which
> could be usede as ammunition again and again. You have to aggressively
> oppose the Nazi mentality of microsoft. Microsoft must die.
> Smitty

Microsoft isn't all bad -- they can serve as a bad example.

Seriously, I don't want an all-Linux world, or all-BSD, or all-anything
world any more than I want an all-microsoft world. If Linux could just
double it's desktop presence from 15% to 30%, (at least enough that apps
would be automatically ported) that would turn that market into a
genuinely competitive one, then everyone wins and I could finally get a
job writing Linux code instead of microsoft dreck.

Ed.