Re: [SLUG] Boot Script Question

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 10:11:17 EDT

In Debian, the network stuff is handled by /etc/network/interfaces (see
man interfaces).

Say you have a static IP on eth0. the basic entry would be something like

iface eth0 inet static
    address x.x.x.x
    netmask x.x.x.x
    network x.x.x.x
    broadcast x.x.x.x
    gateway x.x.x.x

Then, if you want to run things after network is up (and only if the
network is up), you use the "up" statement in that interface section

up (your adsl-start code)

similarly, if you want to run a command before the network interface is
brought up, you use the
"pre-up" statement, and if you want to run one before you bring the network
down, you use the down statement, and after it is brought down, the
post-down statement.

    scott