Re: [SLUG] APPLIXWARE - FYI

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 19:04:15 EDT

On Tuesday 05 June 2001 01:01 pm, you wrote:
> Just wanted to pass on that Applix Office is still
> alive and kicking. I just got off the phone with on of
> their support people. I couldn't get it to install on
> Rh 7.1. They were very helpful and I now have it
> running on Rh 7.1
>
> They are no longer called APPLIX they were spun off
> and are now called vistasource and Applix Office is
> changing it's name to Anywhere Office.

i always thought the name applix was rather stupid.
i believe the name anywhere office has much more appeal.
i hope they change the box their software comes in too.
about a year ago i saw applix in the store and their
packaging was so awful that i didnt think it would draw
in any of the curious , just my opinion