Re: [SLUG] Debian, Logcheck and Postfix (oh my!)

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 19:07:52 EDT

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 06:27:10PM -0400, Smitty wrote:

> Would you not have to put mars.lan under another account with a different IP
> address?
> Smitty

Mars.lan is the local domain name behind my firewall. My ISP doesn't
know or need to know about that. I'm running Verizon DSL, and so I get
dynamic IPs. The firewall masquerades all traffic behind the firewall to
look like it's from the assigned dynamic IP address.

The problem is that: 1) mail bound for my ISP (for relay elsewhere) must
have the domain quillandmouse.com on its envelopes, and 2) any local
mail (from root or paulf) gets this domain tacked on to it, and thus is
delivered non-locally. I don't know how to get the one without the
other. Likely, it's a Postfix configuration problem.

Paul