Re: [slug] Re: [SLUG] Want Linux on your desktop? Nine reasons to forget about it

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 23:34:17 EDT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> > once you become familiar. I wish we had a central point for error messages
> > and recovery steps to take, or is there and I am unaware? By the way, what

> Find out from whoever told you there's _one_ file what it is. I'd like
> to know myself.

    www.google.com , material effort and participation in an
LUG (so folks are INTERESTED in helping you) , and a Guru or
Wizard to offer a koan in a time of need.

The tao:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8009/tao.of.programming.html

ESR offers: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/loginataka.html

see also: