Re: [SLUG] Netscape 6

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 22:20:16 EDT

On Thursday 14 June 2001 22:00, Erle Robinson wrote:
> I cannot get Konqueror to recognize my java location

On my suse 7.1 system the path to java in konqueror is just "java".
Also if I type java into a term window it gives me output back about how to
run a class with options, so it is obviously in my path somewhere.
You might try this to see if java is available.

This is the second install of 7.1. I decided on a different partitioning
scheme, so reinstalled. The first time around I install Netscape 6, but it
seemed rather bloated and slow, so the second time around I didn't bother.
Mozilla seems to work quite well compared to the previous version I had with
suse 6.4 . The best is Konqueror. It seems to do the best with CSS, btw,
which is getting used more and more.