Re: [SLUG] Re: PCMCIA in Debian Stormix -- Need Help!

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 07:41:52 EDT

Which Stormix version are you using Rain <--1st release or Hail <--2nd
release?
Also I loaded up Stormix on my girlfriends Dell Latitude the Hail download
version.
Everything went flawlessly. Pcmcia Works fine , sound X everything.

Next I went to Progenys web site configured the Stormix as they suggested
ran
apt-get and ran updates and etc., Everything works fine.

When you first installed it did you tell it that yes it was a Laptop
install?
Also did you try to just re-install the Stormix first?
It sounds like there was a glitch or something. I have installed Stormix on
several machines and that is one of 3 distros that has never gave me any
problems.

To bad they are gone though. Would have loved to seen what Typhoon would
have been like.
That was the name that was being given to the 3rd version before they yanked
the plug according to
some people I talked to from Stormix just before they shut down I was going
to beta test it but that never even
got to me 8-(

At least Progeny gives you step by step instructions to upgrade and install
the newer components.
Not to mention works well. How ever though apt-get is a killer utility.