[SLUG] (FWD) BOUNCE slug@nks.net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 19:29:42 EDT

False administrivia bounce.

----- Forwarded message from slug@nks.net -----

Subject: He_lp with Wine can't get the cork out

I'm getting three errors when I start wine, one of which is causing it
not to run like it should. I've looked on Wines page in the knowledge
base but can't seem to find a fix. The Wine release is 20010112
1. Warning: the temporary directory '/mnt/c/temp' (specified in wine
configuration file) is not writeable.
I think this is related to the mount as I can't do a chmod on /mnt/c to
make it writable. The current permissions on /mnt/c are drwxrwxr-x and
the fstab entry is
/dev/hda1 /mnt/c vfat auto,user
0 0

2. Invalid path 'c:\windows\Profiles\Administrator' for profile
directory: does not exist - I'm not sure what wine is looking for here.
I didn't know windows had a Profiles\Administrator directory.

3. Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current
working directory /home/mchester; starting in windows directory. I have
a .wine dir in my home with a config file (like it says on the wine
page) and I have made the needed changes to reflect my mount points. But
wine still says it can't find it.

One other question. When I start word from my home dir with the command.

wine "/mnt/c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/winword.exe"
Word has problems with the path for it's dot files. Word says it can't
find them. Should I be starting word from a different dir or is there
some path I need to setup?

I have not been able to find any answers to these questions on Wines
page or google. Maybe it was my search criteria.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike M.

----- End forwarded message -----