Re: [SLUG] M$ uses BSD

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 22:07:20 EDT

There was an article today in the Wall Street Journal about this, too. I
had to laugh. Even better was the fact that "Marshall Kirk McKusick, a
leader of the FreeBSD development team, said, 'I am apalled at the way
Microsoft bashes open source on the one hand, while depending on it for
its business on the other.'"

"...one employee said M$ deliberately kept parts of FreeBSD in parts of
Hotmail because of its technical superiority over Windows..."

Russell

_its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
_it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"