Re: [SLUG] Can't get the cork out of the bottle (wine)

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 11:39:13 EDT

awyatt@intergate.cx wrote:
Thanks for the help. But the cork is still stuck :)

> > 1. Warning: the temporary directory '/mnt/c/temp' (specified in wine
> > configuration file) is not writeable.
>
> umount /mnt/c;chmod 777 /mnt/c;mount /mnt/c

I tried this but the permissions are still set as drwxrwxr-x 21 root root
for the /mnt/c and all the dirs under it. And when I try to winword.exe from it's
directory I get the following.
bash: ./winword.exe: Permission denied

> > 2. Invalid path 'c:\windows\Profiles\Administrator' for profile
> > directory: does not exist - I'm not sure what wine is looking for
> here.
> > I didn't know windows had a Profiles\Administrator directory.
> >

> vim /etc/wine/wine.conf (if it exists, or) ~/.wine/config

Couldn't find the /etc/wine/wine.conf so changed the one in ~/.wine/config

> change profile to your profiles folder if it exists,
> or /mnt/c/windows if it doesn't ..
>
> > 3. Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current
> > working directory /home/mchester; starting in windows directory. I
> have
>
> see above to locate wine.conf add an entry with a drive letter for
> your home directory.

I found the following in the ~/.wine/config
[Drive F]
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Type" = "network"
"Label" = "Home"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
Is this what you were talking about? Should this be changed to not be network
drive or is does it need to be a network drive?

> > wine still says it can't find it.
> >

> try changing the wine.conf in /etc/wine

can't find a /etc/wine.conf file