Re: [SLUG] Can't get the cork out of the bottle (wine)

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 16:40:16 EDT

You are mounting your drive C and then trying to run wine writing to the mounted
drive?

if you want to be a user who can write the files, then mount it with your user id.

in a shell enter the id command to get your uid number

then in /etc/fstab add the following to the drive c line in the options

uid=xxxx, (replacing the user id with your number, of course)

now whenever the drive is mounted, your user will own all the files.

if you don't want it mounted in your user id every time, then make a small shell
script
that just executes a mount command (or just type it every time ) like
mount -t vfat -o uid=xxxx,defaults /dev/hdXX /mnt/c

    scott