Re: [SLUG] SUSE 7.2 success!

From: Seth Hollen (seth@hollen.org)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 01:52:52 EDT

whoo it works!!
my first time running SUSE, so far I'm impressed.
I thought their installer could have been a little clearer but it did work
I seem to have some problems with fonts in gnome though so i'm using kde now

but I'm happy with it so far.

one question?
in lilo it gives me the option of booting linux or suse
I can't tell a difference, i've booted both
here are the entrys from lilo.conf

boot = /dev/hda
vga = 771
read-only
menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
lba32
prompt
timeout = 80
message = /boot/message

  image = /boot/vmlinuz
  label = linux
  root = /dev/hda7
  initrd = /boot/initrd

  image = /boot/vmlinuz.suse
  label = suse
  root = /dev/hda7
  initrd = /boot/initrd.suse
  optional

probably a simple answer

--
Seth

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying. -- Woody Allen