Re: [SLUG] ProFTPD...

From: Jason Pratt (linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 13:40:17 EDT

On Friday 29 June 2001 01:36, you wrote:
> the conf file is real easy and is over commented in many sections.. it is
> really rather easy.

You know.. I logged into the server for the heck of it (I had it installed
when I installed MDK) and found out that I have been wide open. Logged in and
I could read everybit of my machine, except for root. I could browse,
delete, copy and move files. Both on my Linux and Win9x partitions. That can
hurt. Now I need to figure out how to only give access to anonymous and make
sure they can't get anywhere outside of their directory.

Are there any good sites that have directions or templates or sample
proftpd.conf files of how to setup an anonymous server? I've setup FTP
servers via Win9x but never Linux so this is alittle tougher.

Thanks guys...

--
Jason Pratt
linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com