Re: [SLUG] netscape address-book

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 17:20:22 EDT

Well it is not as simple as that.

First in your New Netscape "NN" you must create the addressbook "ab" exactly
as you had it configured in the Old Netscape "ON". You can change names but
the structure must be the same. If you have an "ab" with sub directories you
will have problems. For example you have an "ab" named qaz which has sub
"ab"s named qa and az. For some reason this type of directory structure does
not work too well.

For mine I have an "ab" named personal (this is a required "ab" by Netscape)
whose file name is pab.na2 and a second "ab" named Linux whose file name is
Linux.na2.

Once you have created these files then you can copy any Netscape "ab" to the
ones you create. For example in ON I had an "ab" file LinuxPeople.na2.
I successively copied this to this Linux.na2 in the NN.

Note:
1) All "ab" in Netscape are named *.na2.
2) the location for the "ab" is /home/log_in_name/.netscape/*.na2
3) Since Netscape is originally a MS DOS program it uses MS type file names.

Frank