Re: [SLUG] ms brag implodes!

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 23:37:51 EDT

On Friday 29 June 2001 22:13, you wrote:
> edoc wrote:
> > Perhaps we should spread the word to flood the Internet and
>
> [snipped]
>
> > > For those sluggers who follow the daily events:
> > > Today the computer system used at nasdaq crashed for an hour.
>
> As much as I dislike M$, let's get the facts straight... It was an
> MCI Worldcom tech running a diagnostic test. HUMAN ERROR, not the
> evil empire.

Brian,
I suggest you get your facts straight. Here is a quote from the article you
hyperlinked: ""WorldCom's preliminary investigation into this issue indicates
that it was apparently caused during routine testing of a development system
for Nasdaq and resulted in the service interruption."
There is no evidence here of "HUMAN ERROR" as you allege. No evidence
either of a "diagnostic test" as you also allege. We know that
nasdaq uses win2000 and, as alleged in this news item, a development
system was being routinely tested, then the system crashed.
Perhaps you should reread the link you gave us.
Smitty