Re: [SLUG]netscape issues

From: Bill (justbill@ameritech.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 19:09:14 EDT

On Sunday 01 July 2001 12:40 am, you wrote:
> Try to update or install a newer version of jave and do not try
> anything beyond netscape 4.6

I am using 4.77 ... and have been for quite some time ... without the
effect he mentioned. From time to time I visit that weather site with
no ill effects. With all due respect, I doubt if the problem is in
4.77 ... although your tip to look into how it is set up is probably
a good one. I was fiddling around with my network settings a few days
ago and noticed that messing with DNS can cause LONG delays in
downloading sites. Sometimes I got error messages AFTER I had given
up and killed the mail or browser program that generated them. (All
fixed now, btw) Perhaps this is what he is running into?

For reference, I am running:
Netscape 4.77
MDK 7.2
K-7 / 750mhz
256m ram
x-free 4.??
16m agp video card / 19" AOC monitor ( Spectrum 9GLrsA)

I also have Kmail, Opera and, of course, Konqueror fired up ... often
times simultaneously.

Bill

--
"... So it goes with the man that lays up treasure for himself but is
not rich toward God." (see Luke 12:15-21)