Re: [SLUG] ms brag implodes!

From: Bill (justbill@ameritech.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 19:58:17 EDT

On Sunday 01 July 2001 03:09 am, you wrote:
> So, if M$ dishonestly claimed that NASDAQ is a MS Shop then it also
> follows that they should also accept the blame for the failure.
>
> Choices have consequences?

If MSFT software failed, then make that known. Otherwise the company
that buys ink by the tank car will have us for breakfast. I don't
think we can afford to be caught in a lie or significant
mis-representation (although they have enough spin-doctors to survive
exactly that). Let them lie. Let us prove it. Let us not add our lie
to theirs. That, too, has consequences.

So far, we are eating their lunch and they are beginning to squirm
and thrash about. Hang on ... it's gonna be a wild ride. But if we
can hang on long enough, we'll get them saddle broken yet! It's years
too soon to declare a full victory ... but the web server space
belongs to open-source and we are gaining in all other areas, as well.

Reputation counts for nearly as much as technical superiority in this
particular conflict. Let's keep both working to our benefit.

Bill

--
"... So it goes with the man that lays up treasure for himself but is
not rich toward God." (see Luke 12:15-21)