Re: [SLUG] Gnome Ximian what's the difference

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 06:13:01 EDT

Norb;
Thanks for the info. But looking at Gnomes page it looks like the only way to
get gnome other than compiliing from source is to get Ximian. The quote from
their web page reads:

"If you have any of these, it's really easy. Go on over to Ximian and grab their
fresh packages, optionally using the extremely friendly installer. "

So from what I can see, if you want the new Gnome the you must get the Ximian
install. Or compile Gnome from source. I was hoping there was a third option
but guess not.

Mike M.