[SLUG] Meeting tonight Brandon Barnes and Nobles

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 12:29:08 EDT

Just a reminder we will have a meeting tonight at the Brandon Barnes and
Nobles Book store.
Brandon Barnes & Noble at Brandon Town Center

Directions :

Take I-4 East to I-75 South. Go south on 75 to the second exit (Hwy 60, Exit
53).
Head left (east) under the overpass, and make sure you're in the right lane.
When you go to the entrance for Brandon Town Center, you'll see Barnes &
Noble on your immediate right.

Presentation, a Q & A session, and a raffle. <-- Look Prizes 8-)

We will start around 20:00 aka 8:pm

Also as usual :

What to bring

If you're coming to install Linux on your computer, there are a few things
you should bring with you
Your computer. The whole thing. If you want to test your printer, bring that
too. If you have Apple hardware, you will have to bring your own copy of
MKLinux to install, and you may have to refer hardware questions to your
dealer, as we don't have a lot of Apple expertise.
Your copy of Linux, including any manuals that came with your distribution.
If you want to install someone else's copy of Linux, make sure they're going
to bring it to the meeting.

Any manuals for your computer, including manuals for any of the add-on
cards, etc., that you have.
Any DOS software you might need to configure network cards and the like.
Any floppies you might need to create boot disks with.
Pen and paper to record any sage advice you are given, as well as settings
for your computer.
Patience and a sense of humor!

What to do before you come
Along with the items you should bring for installing Linux, there are some
details you should take care of before you come:
Back up everything of value on your computer. Things can sometimes go wrong,
and if you can't afford to lose what's on your hard drive, back it up first.
Write down every setting, IRQ, memory address, add-on card manufacturer,
make and model of everything about your computer. Trying to figure this out
at the meeting wastes valuable time.
Run scandisk/chkdsk and defragment your hard drive if you are coming from a
DOS/Windows environment.
Ensure you have enough memory and hard disk space to complete your Linux
installation. At a minimum, this means 4-8 megs of memory and 150 megs of
hard drive space.

Warning!

While we will help you all we can, we cannot guarantee that the installation
will be compatible with your particular hardware, nor that we will be able
to successfully configure it to run. We are not responsible for any damage
or loss during or as a consequence of installing and configuring Linux, X,
or anything else.

Here is the meetings for the rest of July

 7 July 13:00-15:00 New Port Richey
11 July 19:00-21:00 Tampa
19 July 19:00-21:00 Brandon II
28 July 09:30-12:00 Dunedin

Be sure to check the www.suncoastlug.org/meetings.html page for further
meetings and meeting information.

Thanks hope to see you all there.

P.S. Hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th.