[SLUG] Repost: Scanlogd - how to get working.

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 12:26:13 EDT

I have had an interesting experience attempting to get scanlogd operating
on my system. I enabled it to start in /etc/rc.config, but at boot-up get
 the message:
Starting service scanlogdnids_init: no suitable device found
startproc: exit status of /usr/bin/scanlogd:1 failed
I then added scanlogd as a user to /etc/passwd, but that was presented with
scanlogd as a user choice at the x window login.
I am using SuSE 7.1.
Does anyone have any experience with properly setting this up?
Smitty