Re: Re: [SLUG] Free online calendar for civic groups

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 10:38:53 EDT

Hey! I like this idea!

Assemble a Linux server and donate it to a PHCC computer classroom.
The screen constantly displays a clock with the "continuous no-blue-screen"
uptime ... adjusted for time lost due to student tampering.

This way every student that passes through their computer program will
see Linux in action and PHCC gets a free server.

Same thing could be done at high schools that have decent computer
programs.

e-smith would make the project a breeze and I'd guess they would send
several free CD's for that kind of free publicity! (We would, of course,
have
to at least issue a press release!)

Doc