Re: Re: [SLUG] Free online calendar for civic groups

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 11:31:41 EDT

Well to lend a not helpfull hand---I called the county offices(211) and
offered to donate computer programs --old linux distros--suse 7.1 etc in all
about 30 diff ones including OS2 and Wind***95-98---all they could do was to
connect me to a few places that offer puter type training such as Clearwater
Catholic High and a few others that offer help/training free of charge and
guess what--NO-ONE not a single one was interested in recieving either
software or hardware for that matter for FREE ---figure that one out! CCH
said they may consider the wind*** stuff but dont want any Linux-they already
have a single box with linux on it! So there is my 2 cents worth I couldnt
donate full boxed sets(some not even used/registered) to any organization
that was recommended by the county as helping/training the needy.
One guy did state that any donated materials will erode their income from the
government agencies that contribute now---how lame is that?

                           AJ