[SLUG] webmin problem getting worse?

From: Patrick Grantham (patrick.grantham@vacationclub.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 14:33:14 EDT

Still having trouble with webmin. I think the problem with webmin may
actually my only a symptom of a larger problem. During the unresponsiveness
I find the telnet server might take 20-30 before presenting the login
prompt. I also found the "ping www.yahoo.com" was not resolving the yahoo's
IP. After I adjusted the DNS entries (hardcode) on the Linux box to match
my own (auto assigned by the router), did telnet become more responsive.
However this did not help. Only after I used SUSE's YAST to remove the
package, the reinstall did webmin become usable once again.

Any ideas? Is webmin dependent on DNS properly working?