Re: [SLUG] Video Card

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.dnsalias.org)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 01:25:51 EDT

Mark,

I narrowed my choice down to the VooDoo5 5500 and the ProphetII GTS 32 MB a
few months ago. I got the Prophet, and have been thoroughly pleased with it.
However, I never really got to check out the VooDoo hands on... Also, I
don't have any 3D games for Linux, but Tribes2 looks great on W2K with the
Prophet. I don't really pay attention to frame rates or tweak the settings,
so I don't have any hard numbers. (BTW, I'm running a Tribes2 server on my
Linux box, the name is =CLH= HangOut. Come on by!) Hope this helps.

Doug