[SLUG] IMHO: Microsoft dropping java from WinXP

From: awyatt@intergate.cx
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 09:42:43 EDT

Check this out, MS is dropping java support from Windows XP .. They
are going to hurt a TON of java developers, I don't know about you
guys, but I'm going to send messages to all of the major Linux
vendors requesting that they fine tune java support in their
distros .. Is there a better way to get new ppl interested in LNX?
M$:"Uh yeah, we don't support you anymore .." .. RH:"PSSST .. Hey
you, we have java hooks in the kernel, as well as full on java
support in our browsers (hands free CD) give it a try, you won't be
sorry you did, don't check your skills at the door with that other
O/S .."

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2790355,00.html?
chkpt=zdhpnews01

<VEG>