Re: [SLUG] SuSe 7.1 to 7.2

From: Norb (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 11:12:08 EDT

Erle Robinson wrote:

> Help !
> I just upgraded from SuSe 7.1 professional to 7.2.
> I actually deleted 7.1 and installed 7.2.
> However, 7.2 personal does not come with gphoto and I was wondering.
> If I reinstall 7.1 Professional (which comes with gphoto) and then upgrade
> that with 7.2 personal, will it erase those packages from 7.1 ?

Nope. Actaully, try this: Go to YaST2, in the "Upgrade Software" menu.
When it asks you to insert CD1, just insert the first CD of the 7.1,
instead of the 7.2 CD1. Look for gphoto and install it and any
dependencies. You won't kill anything you have now, I guarantee.
Actually I upgraded my system from the 7.1 Professional to the 7.2
Personal and didn't have any problems. Going backwards, unless you have
a conflict, shouldn't be a problem either.

Norb