Re: [SLUG] Video Card

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:20:34 EDT

On Sunday 22 July 2001 05:18 pm, you wrote:
> Are you talking about different versions of X?

Well it is not that simple.
RH 6.1 was at least 1 version back on the 3 kernel.
It had the previous version of X an almost all software used a previous of
the libraries. There was a quantum jump between RH 7.0 and RH 7.1.
RH 6.3 and RH 7.0 had a lesser of a change than RH 7.0 to RH 7.1.
This is of coarse why RH 7.1 has a lot of new features but is also more
unstable.
So, yes we are talking about major differences in both the software and the
hardware.

Frank