[SLUG] loading modules at boot time

From: Travis Walls (twalls@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 15:07:19 EDT

hi all,

thank you all for your suggestions. i wasn't able to load the desired
modules via /etc/modules.conf. however, i was able to make a quick and
clean hack instead. :) this will have to do for now until i feel like
upgrading my kernel. what i did was i edited the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
script to include lines for loading the modules and informing me of
their status on bootup. This may not be the "Red Hat recommended way"
but it works.

thanks again,
Travis

btw if you want to know what i actually put into the file, just ask...