Re: [SLUG] Serial-PPP

From: Brian Coyle (brianc@magicnet.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 21:48:52 EDT

Russell Hires wrote:

> I was looking at the PPP-HOWTO, but the little blurb in section 29 basically
> says to get a connection first through a getty. I've read the getty man page
> but it doesn't seem to help. So, how do I connect my two machines via getty,
> through their serial ports?

I have a six step process to setup ppp and mgetty documented here:

http://myweb.magicnet.net/~brianc/ultra-tiny-HOWTOs/isdn-ppp

Follow that on the machine you want to consider the 'server' then
setup a regular ppp conection on the other machine.

Since you're directly connecting the serial ports, be sure to
use a null modem cable.

HTH!

--
Linux - the ultimate Windows Service Pack