Re: [SLUG] Followu pRE: html/apache question

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 11:58:05 EDT

It sounds like you don't have Server Side Includes configured
correctly. First, make sure you have the "Includes" option set:

         Options +Includes

You might also want to make a specific extension for your SSI html
files:

         AddType text/html .shtml
         AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

The key here is the AddHandler directive. You could do this instead:

        AddHandler server-parsed .html

You could also use the XBitHack directive:

         XBitHack on

With this enabled, any .html page with the execute bit set would be
server-parsed. You would need merely to do:

         chmod +x pagename.html

.. to make pagename.html parse as an SSI html file.

As to why index.html works and pagename.html doesn't, I'm guessing
that the index page is somehow being server-parsed in your current setup.

Be sure to check out the Apache SSI howto:

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html

Enjoy!

 - Ian C. Blenke <ian@blenke.com> <icblenke@nks.net>