Re: [SLUG] pine question

From: billt (billt@ifelse.org)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 19:52:23 EDT

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 04:14:02PM -0400, Grantham, Patrick wrote:
> Again I ask, how could I extract the IP from the linksys router? any ideas

Hmm, that's a good one. I don't think it is listed in a traceroute,
but if the linksys router support 'record route' in icmp echo, then
you could do something like this:

IP=`ping -nRc 1 www.yahoo.com | grep "^RR" | awk {'print $2'}`

maybe that will work? works for me through a linux router, but who
knows with linksys. if there is a better way, please let me know!

Also, maybe you could use perl and LWP to authenticate you through
to the admin page and parse that for the ip address. ??

 good luck