Re: [SLUG] pine question

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 11:16:05 EDT

You need to create a BASH script with something like this:

#!/bin/bash
#this will get the Status.htm file then parse for the IP info
/usr/bin/wget http://username:password@192.168.1.1/Status.htm \
| grep "^IP" > /home/pat/ip.txt

#then, you can email the content of ip.txt to yourself
/usr/sbin/sendmail pat@localhost < /home/pat/ip.txt

#end
#Disclaimer: untested code

you need to substitue the username, password, and your Linksys' router IP
address. Also, you need to specify where you want to store the ip.txt file
location. Finally, sub the email address to send ip.txt.

Kai

--

Kai Lien

Lense Consulting Company www.lenseco.com

Fortune Cookie of the Day:

"I don't know where we come from, Don't know where we're going to, And if all this should have a reason, We would be the last to know.

So let's just hope there is a promised land, And until then, ...as best as you can." -- Steppenwolf, "Rock Me Baby"