Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 8.0

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 04:18:04 EDT

On Sunday 29 July 2001 01:14, you wrote:
> Open the mandrake control center, and click on the system icon. There's
> another icon there for menus. Pick a user and click configure :)

Well ... yer not gonna believe it, but I re-downloaded it from a diff server
and POW! ... it ALL works now. I am listening to some old Pink Floyd from a
CD as I type this ... the printer prints test pages from all 4 printer
configs and I have a BOAT LOAD of software for which I paid only about 1 cent
(for the download time). A very good deal, I would say!

Take THAT MSFT!

It's a bummer we live so far apart ... I have the "authoritative" MySql /
mSql (O'Reilly) book sitting right where I can see it. :-(

Ditto for "Apache: the definitive guide" (also O'Reilly)

Also more PHP and SQL books than you can shake a dead cat at.

Ah, well.

I love you son, and I am really looking forward to seeing you & Damon, T &
Shannon in September. It would be nice to have all of my close family in the
same room again for a few hours.

I'll be taking an active part in Linux Demo Day here (Sept. 8 at the Dearborn
Borders bookstore ... a HUGE place). I'll try to get a couple pix to ya.

Well, it's starting to get SERIOUSLY late so I'd better bug on outta here.

Love,

Dad

btw ... I had already found the menu preferences menu ... but it wasn't
working. I was at the right place, doing the right thing with broked software.