Re: [SLUG] Help , linux newby

From: scott piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 17:43:24 EDT

I don't know what Tom's root boot does, but if it wrote to the boot
sector on your hard drive, you could clean it up by booting into dos
with a floppy and entering the command

fdisk /mbr

The first thing I would do is boot off of a floppy into dos and see if
you can access your hard drive. If it looks like the windows files are
all still there, then you may want to run fdisk and just look to see
that the hard drive partition is set to be active (bootable). Don't
change anything there unless there is no active partition. You need one
so you can boot off of your hard drive.

If those two things look alright, I would do the fdisk /mbr command, and
then try booting off of the hard drive again.

scott