RE: [SLUG] Off topic, kind of ..

From: Grantham, Patrick (Patrick.Grantham@vacationclub.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 13:15:42 EDT

Linux vs. windows vs. macs. They are only tools. If one feels more
comfortable using a Craftsman screwdriver vs. a black-n-decker, who cares?
An OS is not an extension of ones worth or technical prowess. They are only
tools to do a job. However, in a limited resource environment (aka $$$)
that needs a central file server. Linux and Samba it think are the way to
go. Robust, scalable, no user licenses to buy, beyond the one for the
server (which could be had for free.) It's funny it's as bad a Chevy vs.
Ford. I don't care about betanews.com, they have nothing to offer.
Besides, if I'm not welcome, I won't go. No lost sleep here.