[SLUG] SAMBA and user rights

From: Grantham, Patrick (Patrick.Grantham@vacationclub.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 17:16:20 EDT

I am finding that when a new file (or folder) is created by MS client on the
linux samba share, the user that samba is running (root) is the owner of the
file. This is not ideal since some content is edited (and/or created) via
ftp. How can I change this setting? I would prefer that when a file is
created that the owner becomes nobody, the group is webdev with group
read,write exe. Currently I do this via a script:
chown nobody
chgrp webdev
chmod g+rwx

What would be a better way to have the rights change via samba. Ideally the
rights should be inherited from the rights of the folder. At least this is
what I think.