Re: [SLUG] SWAT

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.dnsalias.org)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 17:22:41 EDT

Frank,

RH 7.1 handles inetd a bit different. I think I can point you in the right
direction. Look for a directory called xinetd.d, should be /etc/xinetd.d

In this directory, there is a file for each service that xinetd can start.
So, instead of editing the inetd file from 6.2, you add a file to the
xinetd.d directory with the name of the service, in this case, swat. Then,
you'll edit the file to look something like this:

socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
port = 400
user = root
server = /usr/bin/swat
server_args = swat

I think you have to restart xinetd, or reboot if you're from Redmond. That
should do the trick... Good Luck!

Doug