[SLUG] What Distros Will Run 486 dx2 25-50MHz 8m RAM?

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 16:25:38 EDT

Peanut Linux looks promising -- anyone try this one (85m download), 299m
installed.
Sure sounds like the right thing for my ThinkPad ... suppose I can trim the
extras once
it is loaded to free up some space on the 360m HDD until I get an external
HDD.

http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/howto.txt The complete system...
peanut.bz2 <The complete linux system ext2 or DOS install 48mb>
vmlinuz <Kernel v2.2.19, the kernel supports IDE and SCSI hard drives>
The kernel has math-coprocessor support for CPU'S 386sx and above, that
don't
have a built in coprocessor. You need at least a 386 CPU to run Peanut
Linux.

Home page: http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/

Thanks! Doc