Re: [SLUG] Insight on Code Red II

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 19:09:47 EDT

Lots of developers are this way with the unwashed masses. Free Software
developers tend to have a little bit more niceness though, their reputation
stakes quite a bit on it. MS's developers have nothing but money as a
motivation. There are a couple FS coders I don't care for due to attitudes in
email, and I don't use their software because of it.

I dunno, I get this way too. I try hard not to because I would rather have
people using my software and respecting me for it than get paid cash and be
an a$$hole. The price of advocacy includes swallowing a little pride and
eating a little crow now and then.

Just my $.02. EOT for me.

        Glen

I can say this having known two of their [ms] os developers, both of
whom I would characterize as arrogant and crass.
Smitty