Re: [SLUG] Linux 10th Anniversary Gathering

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 01:03:48 EDT

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 03:16:49PM -0400, Derek Glidden wrote:

> Popular opinion seems to be veering towards Lowry Park/Lowry Park Zoo as
> the gathering point for this event. (I'm certainly fine with that as
> it's about 10 minutes away from my house.)

Lowry Park sounds good.

> Anyone know if the park/cookout areas take reservations? I think we'd
> want to reserve the biggest pavillion we can find as soon as possible,
> and I know they get crowded there pretty quickly.

Someone like to volunteer to find out?

> Anyone feel like setting a time? 10am? noon? 4pm? I'd personally say
> about noon, granting that most of the people who would want to show up
> are going to be geekish types and won't want to get up too early on a
> Saturday morning, but without starting too late to have any fun.

I vote 1pm. That way I can get there after the Dunedin meeting and
before all the food runs out. ;-}

> Do we want to try to plan a zoo trip? Or just show up and let everyone
> individually decide what they want to do after that?

Individually decide.

> What kind of refreshment policy should be adopted? (Can you tell I do
> sysadmin for a living? :) Should SLUG provide, say, drinks or
> hamburgers or hotdogs and everyone bring a dish? Or should people just
> bring what they want to eat? Or would SLUG like to actually buy lunch
> for an unknown number of people? Someone should provide charcoal and
> cooking gear if it's going to be a cookout event. (I'll gladly bring a
> bag of charcoal and some utensils.)

SLUG actually _pay_ for something?? ;-}

Actually, this is probably a worthwhile expense for SLUG. I don't make
this decision directly, but I'm betting the officers would agree to it.

Paul