Re: [SLUG] Newbie -- Progeny-Debian DialUp Setup?

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 06:23:35 EDT

Hmmm... how about pppconfig in a terminal window? After you get it set up,
try "pon <Your ISP>". Or, try minicom.
On Wednesday 15 August 2001 21:30, you wrote:
> I cannot get the modem to dial. It brings up the modem but I
> cannot figure out where to tell it what number to dial!
This is a function of the kernel and modules. You may have to manually load
whatever sound modules you need, since I doubt they're in the kernel you've
got by default. Try the command modconf (also froma terminal window) to see
if you can find a kernel module that will deal with Crystal Sound/Sound
Blaster emulation.
> I have loaded and reloaded Progeny, no sound and cannot
> figure out from the help info I have located how to get it to
> run ... the OmniBook 4100 specs say Sound Blaster emulation
> should be fine (it is Crystal sound).
>
> Thanks! Doc

Good Luck!

Russell