Re: [SLUG] Verizon DSL -- Anything I Should Know?

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 22:18:46 EDT

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, SOTL wrote:

<snip>

> I do know about all of the above. I do know that the DSL speed in our office
> appears (note the appears) to be very slow.
>
> Frank

I have always recommeded that you only get the line from Verison and get
the Internet connection from another company. You get better deals and
usually have better support. Seriously, open the phone book to ISP and
see which ones are offering DSL. I pay much less for a DSL line then
cable and I get some serious download speed (90k/sec)

(Full disclosure: I use www.oasis.net but own no stake in the company)

| Mark Bishop (mark@bish.net) | Computer Engineer |
| 813.258.2390 | Network Engineer |
| http://bish.net | Embedded Programmer |